Saturday, July 31, 2004

Falling Over



This week I've mostly been falling over or off things. Sometimes I’ve been walking into things. I obviously haven’t been doing this on purpose and I think it must just be one of those easily explainable things, a sort of; I haven’t fallen over much since I was a kid and, well that was quite a long time ago so I shouldn’t worry about it as I'm probably just due a few; type of thing.

I fell of my bike first, that was on Thursday. It happened as I crossed over the canal bridge at Picket's Lock that morning on the way to work. I had forgotten that I had changed my bike types for smoother faster ones and as a consequence I would have less grip on the rough stuff but be faster on the road. I remembered I'd changed them suddenly as the bike shot away from me on shale and I was reminded again of a school physics lesson on gravity, mass, friction and enforced deceleration or some such that I hadn’t listened very hard to.

I was alright, sort of. The back wheel on my bike was a bit bent and the path scratches on my shoulder and back are healing nicely but overall there was no real harm done.

Then on Friday I walked awkwardly into the back of a tall chair. Whilst this doesn’t sound like much the chair was jammed against a table so didn’t give way. It just scratched my side quite painfully.

And today I fell over whilst being chased by a wasp in my garden. It was a similar event as the cycling accident in that the sandals I was wearing at the time (Yes I know! But it is my garden and I was alone) don't have much grip at high speed whilst trying to turn sharply.

Ah well, another grazed knee.

Wasps


Yes, the wasps have not gone away. They are just pissed off. Cutting the lawn today or even just trying to sit out and read the paper was not as serene as it usually is. I'm pissed off with them to, and whilst their puny and aggressive little brains might think they have the better of me they are wrong. And they are shortly dead. I have a phone, and fingers to dial numbers on it with. The wasp man will come back and finish the job. Oh yes he will...







No comments: