Tuesday, August 24, 2004

The Good Times Are Back



Friday

Saw me with the car. This was intentional as I hadn't planned to go out. In the end I did but due to my rattling car keys was responsible to the point of vicardom. Ended up in the Bunker Bar in Covent Garden. We liked it here. Good beer brewed on the premises, funky music and quite funky clientele. A new haunt I think.

The reason that I had bought the car to work on a Friday is that Saturday was going to be a big event day out and I knew that my will power alone would not necessarily get me home at a time suitable for an early start come the morn. In the end I made it in with time for bed.

South West Four, Clapham Common

Its an innocuous sounding title that isn't it? It sounds like a postcode. It is. It could be the name of a rubbish boy band or perhaps a bus company? What it doesn't sound like is an afternoon party in the park with 10,000 people. A main stage playing host to world famous DJ's Sasha and Erick Morillo amongst others. A tent stage of uplifting house music from the infamous Bora Bora beach bar in Ibiza and another tent of harder stuff. In short it was a serious party fest.

The weather has been crap this summer. It has rained nearly every day and I was dreading the rain for this day. Luckily it held off and for most of the time the party was in sunshine. We danced and partied hard through till close at 10PM and I can't remember such an enjoyable day. There were some sights to be seen. Most noticeably the smiles everyone had. I didn't see a policeman in sight nor any trouble but I'm sure the unlicensed pharmacies had done a roaring trade.

Day time clubbing is the way of the future. It might sound not quite right but to be getting up on Sunday morning around 10 rather than getting home on Sunday morning after a night out at around 10 makes a big difference to the rest of your weekend. And what's left of your physical state.

It wasn't like the England I know. I hope its on again next year!

Other News

Rain, rain, rain, rain and more rain. I'm a busy lad. I don't have that many gaps in my time and keeping on top of the garden is always tricky. The problem this summer has been that every time I have a gap it chucks it down. Its been so bad that water cress that was growing in the pond has migrated 20 yards to the veg patch. Its handy to pick I grant you but If I wanted a watercress farm I'd hardly have planted tomatoes, runner beans and gladiolus. Would I?

I got burgled this time last year. It sparked me into writing this blog. Its my anniversary then. Cards and gifts please.

No comments: