Tuesday, November 04, 2003

Poorly Boy

I know how much you all care that I have got Flue (or some such). The steady stream of emails and the flowers and cards piling up in the kitchen says it all. Oh go on someone send something? OK, OK forget the flowers, errm just a ribbon? At least the cats could play with it and leave me alone to practice sniffling in a pathetic way.

I've always had a good record with colds and things, eg. I didn't get them. Yet this is at least the third one this year (at least!!) Hmmm. Some musing on this topic has indicated that perhaps there is a correlation between me historically, not being single, and my current 'fly by night' status.

So there's another mystery solved. Mingling with the general public makes you ill.

Cocktail of the Month for November

Green Dragon

Gosh, the things I do for you. Much auditioning has gone into this one.

Only drink last thing at night, not at the beginning!. The usual warnings apply.

You will need.

Vodka (as usual I recommend Stolly)
Green Chartreuse
Ice
Mixing Glass
Mixing Spoon (or other suitable implement)
Cocktail Strainer
Cocktail Cherries (or Cocktail Onions if you like that bite)
Cocktail Sticks
Cocktail Glasses (Martini Type)

Fill the mixing glass with ice, add two measures (up to you how large. How many of you are there?) of Vodka and one measure of Green Chartreuse. Stir for a good while until its all very, very chilled.

Strain into the glass(es), and garnish with a cherry or an onion speared on a cocktail stick.

Drink then recline. As this cocktail contains nothing but spirits over 40% vol you will have no choice before long. Oh, and be careful near any naked flames... (there is a pun there)

The Green Dragon is a truly lovely colour and even if some would say it does taste a little medicinal its been responsible for me forgetting where I live once or twice lately.

Speak soon my pretties!


thegardener1969@msn.com


No comments: