Sunday, October 26, 2003

Farewell Concorde, Hello Hangover

Lately, Friday nights seem to be serious nights out, its never my intention of course, but well, I won't argue.

I met a friend (James) for some drinks on Friday eve after work. He was very, very sad (as was I) as to the retirement of that beautiful thing, Concorde.

We decided that Concorde needed a proper send off so we went to my favorite bar of the moment Blend The staff their have forgiven my weakness for taking their candle holders home and worked tirelessly with us to create a suitable cocktail to toast the big white bird into history.

Teamwork paid off and a cocktail duly happened.

The Concorde!

You will need.

25 mill of Gin (what's that in fluid ounces?)
10 mill of Gomme (sugar syrup)
15 ml of Lemon Juice
Cocktail cherries
Champagne
Shaker
Champagne Flutes

Shake the Gin, Gomme and Lemon Juice over ice till your hands freeze, strain into your Champagne (fill about a third of the glass) Drop in a cherry and top up with Champagne.

Many thanks to the always welcoming and charming Angela who rules the roost at this great bar.

Things began to go downhill from there. I think a club happened, I think many more drinks happened, I think I got home about 3.30 AM. All I know for sure is that I came to, with my head resting on my PC monitor at home at nearly 5 and realising that trying to update this blog after an evening like that was a mission to far. (even for me)

On Saturday I went for lunch and the combination of a decent feed and a couple of pints stopped me shaking for long enough to get ready for the party I was going to in the evening.

Party was good. I ended back at Blend in the end, perhaps I'm a Moth of some sort? More lovely cocktails and another late one.

Well Done Samoa!

Late in and bleary eyed or not England were playing Rugby this morning and being a 'proper' gentleman I had to watch.

Phew! What a thriller!. Well done to the brave Samoans who nearly tipped up the applecart. Respect is very much due.

I think I have a hangover... How are you?

thegardener1969@msn.com



No comments: