Sunday, October 19, 2003

Some Good Times

Well I said Thursday may be a little messy, and behold, it was.

A wonderful old friend, (no - I don't mean she is old - keep up will you!) swung into town and into my view for the first time in lots of years, near enough fourteen years actually. We had a great time catching up over numerous cocktails before ending up at The Rex

Anyway it was like the years hadn't been there, she's still gorgeous and apparently I'm not too bad myself.

I think I got home about 4 AM, I think I was tired but happy. I think this explains why I didn't get to work until 11 AM and then shortly afterwards had to leave it and seek refuge in a four hour lunch. As always at Sapori it was time well spent.

Kill Bill

Friday evening saw a visit to the Picture House. On the menu was Kill Bill...

Now so far every critic I've read has said that Kill Bill simply doesn't work as a movie, or is what happens when someone's (eg Tarantino's) ego is allowed to grow to top-heavy levels. But I loved it. Perhaps I'm just shallow? or just the right age to enjoy the references? Or perhaps beautiful women and lots of swords always works for me? After all I am a fella. Saying that though, my viewing partner (The lovely Walton) also enjoyed it immensely, and she is very much, not in the slightest bit (in any way) a fella. Go and see it.

The Luxuriance - Gerrard Street (on the Southside)

After the film, and a couple of beers at a very secret bar, eating seemed like a good idea. We skipped to China Town and to the Luxuriance. Being as the week reeked of nostalgia this seemed like the thing to do.

I last dined at The Luxuriance over 10 years ago, indeed I don't think I've eaten in China Town at all since the last time I was there. Its not the same. Its name used to reflect the food and the restaurant. The mainstay Crispy Duck (of course) was only average and the place no longer lives up to its name, but it was friendly enough and enlivened by Chinese Teenagers knocking back the tea. I shall foray into China Town once more soon and find a really decent restaurant to tell you about. It wasn't so bad that it could take the gloss off a good night.

The Weekend

Rugby on Saturday was as expected, though a little fraught. Roll on England to the Final!

Gardened today, the air was fresh and it seems as if natures getting ready for the cold snap. The mole is hiding deep and the fish stayed well out of the way. I netted the pond and placed more rocks on the fox. Something with big claws (a Jabberwock perhaps?) had tried to dig it up (and failed).

My friend is visiting London again this week. I'm very much looking forward to it.


thegardener1969@msn.com





No comments: